Would you like to complete your internship or gap year in Australia, gaining a valuable intercultural ministry experience and joining us in reaching the people of Australia with the hope of Jesus?
Australian Wesleyan Church Internships are available throughout the year. Placements can be provided in urban and regional settings, in the following areas:
- Community Development / Social Justice
- Children’s Ministry
- Youth Ministry
- Camp Ministry
- Young Adults Ministry
- Worship Ministry
- Technical Ministry
As an intern in an Australian Wesleyan Methodist Church you can expect us to:
- Support your development through practical ministry experience allowing you to achieve goals set by your university and your own personal development goals
- Work with you to find the right placement to meet your needs
- Provide a variety of ministry experiences and tasks for you
- Provide a supervisor who will give you regular feedback
- Provide accommodation, local transport and meals during your stay
- Provide opportunities to experience Australia and its culture
- Provide a small stipend to cover your out-of-pocket expenses
We will expect you to:
- Arrange your own travel to and from Australia and insurance for your stay.
- Commit yourself fully to the internship placement.
- Commit your time here to the Lord in prayer, maintaining a healthy spiritual life throughout.
- Communicate both positive and negative experiences, providing feedback on how we can make your placement better throughout the experience.
- Agree with, and support the Wesleyan Methodist Church of Australia and its beliefs.
Is your church interested in hosting an Intern? Click here…