Is your church interested in hosting an Intern?
Many students desire valuable intercultural ministry experiences in a team setting. Students come from a variety of programmes and are looking for placements in established churches that will help them apply and challenge their academic learning through:
- Pastoral Care Ministry
- Children’s / Youth / Young Adults Ministries
- Worship / Media Ministries
- Community Development Ministries
Host churches must be able to provide:
- A full-time Pastor to supervise the intern.
- Weekly review meetings with the Pastoral supervisor.
- Board and lodgings for the duration of the internship.
- A small stipend to cover necessary living expenses.
- Local travel assistance (e.g. lifts, a pushbike, or a car) once the intern is in Australia.
- A suitable desk, office space and Internet access.
- Time and assistance to help the intern complete academic studies
- Opportunities for the intern to develop their existing knowledge, skills and abilities.
- A variety of relevant, meaningful and practical ministry experiences and tasks.
- Opportunities to experience Australia and its culture.
Interns will be expected to:
- Arrange their travel, visas and insurance.
- Commit fully to the internship placement.
- Commit their internship to the Lord in prayer, maintaining a healthy spiritual life throughout.
- Provide feedback on how their placement can be improved throughout the experience.
- Agree with, and support the Wesleyan Methodist Church of Australia and its beliefs.
- Be aware of, and be sensitive to, cultural differences
Apply here to host an intern: (link to ministry profile form https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BybyJaNgC43EN1pyXzY3cVByZEk/view) or contact email@example.com for more information.