The Nambour Wesleyan Methodist Church Board is seeking expressions of interest from an Wesleyan Methodist Ordained, Commissioned or Licensed Minister, who is called of God and appointed by the District Conference to serve at Nambour Wesleyan Methodist Church.
The Nambour Wesleyan Methodist Church has been established for 30 years. The present congregation is made up of mostly elderly people who are retired. The total church constituency is about 55, with an average attendance of 41 on Sunday mornings. A Chinese, Mandarin speaking, Church is being established attended by a commissioned Lay Pastor.
The LBA’s vision for the church is:
- Pastoral Care for the congregation growing them in the love and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Outreach into the local community with the good news of salvation.
- Supporting the establishing Chinese Church.
As the position is for a full-time Pastor, the stipend is set at that recommended by the National Board.
Should you be interested in applying or would like further information please contact:
SENIOR PASTOR – LOGAN WESLEYAN
We are seeking a Pastor who will maintain our current Directional Statement:
“God created us in his image in order to please, glorify and delight in Him and spend eternity living and reigning in Him. We seek God’s transforming presence as we become a loving, life giving community in Logan who…..
- Passionately worship God and ultimately fellowship with Him
- Grow in Christ like character and spirit empowered service
- Nurture non-believers into a relationship with God. “
In this capacity the Pastor must be a humble leader that creates a collaborative team environment among the church’s ministry leaders. The Pastor would lead our congregation to seek God, glorify Him, teach the word of God, and allow the Holy Spirit to freely move. The Pastor is the primary shepherd of the congregation and leaders, whose focus is deepening discipleship through the teaching of the Word, pastoral counselling, pre marriage counselling, officiating and working with the Local Board of Administration in setting the direction for all aspects of the church.
• Meet Biblical qualifications found in Titus 1:6-9, 1 Tim 3:2-7, 1 Peter 5:2-3
• Biblical Preaching
• Confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, and demonstrates a vibrant and growing personal walk with Jesus
• Bachelor’s Degree in Ministry is encouraged
• Minimum 5 years Pastoral Experience preferred
• Good communication Skills
• Computer and Multi Media literate
• Good reputation in Christ
• Experience in gifts of the Holy Spirit, not to squash, but help to mature and grow in use of them in everyday life.
• Good time management to be sure to schedule two days off a week, vacation time, and at least some kind of beneficial conference a year
• Attend church events and outings as much as possible
• Monthly board and business meetings
• Potential second service will be needed
• Help work within church annual budget
Pastor Salary Package currently is $68,016 plus superannuation and long service leave.
Salary rates are being reviewed and will increase from 1st July as set by National Church.
Fuel Card is available for use as part of package.
Please complete application form and send together with resume and family photo if possible to email@example.com