Senior Pastor – LifeChurch Maryborough
Are you a dedicated leader with a deep connection to Jesus Christ and a heart for community? We are seeking a full-time Senior Pastor who has been graced and gifted by God……
LifeChurch Maryborough, a well-established Wesleyan Methodist family congregation in Queensland, Australia, is seeking a full-time Senior Pastor to lead us in our mission.
10 YEAR VISION STATEMENT
By 2034, LifeChurch will be a large, diverse and strong Kingdom community where people are seen, valued and heard. We will be a contagious body of believers who have a passion for God with a deep desire for spiritual growth, a heart for the lost and needy, and who are dedicated and equipped to use our unique gifts to serve. We will be led by God with wisdom and clarity and known for our love for Him and love for one another. We will be a beacon of hope to our local community with a strong sense of purpose and commitment to showing the love of Jesus through meeting peoples’ needs, sharing the gospel and living radically transformed lives that bear witness to Him. We will be a ministry HUB in the centre of Maryborough that serves the community and the church will facilitate opportunities for worship, prayer and fellowship every day.
Who we are
LifeChurch is a Wesleyan Methodist Church, located in Maryborough, Queensland, Australia. We meet in the morning with approximately 130 attendees. Our church was established over 40 years ago.
Where are we
Maryborough is known as the Heritage City with a population of 35,000 people. It is a 30-minute drive from the family-friendly beaches of Hervey Bay. The Maryborough Ministers Fellowship brings local church leaders together and our local Fraser Coast Regional Council is supportive.
Our Church is overseen by a Local Board, chaired by the Senior Pastor. Our ministry team includes a part time Assistant Pastor, a part time Worship Leader and a part time Office Manager.
We have a heart for our community and feel a deep responsibility to help those in need. This is expressed in the operation of our FoodBasket ministry, on separate premises, where low-income families can access food at greatly reduced cost. The Foodbasket is led by a full time Manager, who has a staff of two. The paid staff lead a strong team of volunteers.
We are seeking a full-time Senior Pastor who has been graced and gifted by God to:
- Reflect a rich personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrate the fruits of the Holy Spirit.
- Dynamically lead the Church towards spiritual growth, stronger family connections and greater community influence.
- Exhibit a warm, relational leadership style that naturally connects people with our Lord Christ and with one another.
- Mentor our young leadership team (Worship Leader, Youth Leader and Children’s Leader)
- Provide well-developed, biblically based, challenging preaching and teaching that is evangelical and practical in application.
- Foster a strong pastoral care vision with innovative methods to connect people and give care in a growing church.
- Lead the enfolding of new attendees into our congregation.
- Ensure that systems, practices, and policies of the Church, responsibly and effectively support all ministry activities.
- Govern according to the Wesleyan Methodist Church Policies and Guidelines for the Local Church.
- Lead, delegate to and communicate with our team of staff and volunteers towards fulfilling our Lord’s missional command.
- Demonstrate good management skills including good strategic and change processes.
- Exhibit organisational, team building, interpersonal, and staff management and training skills.
- Demonstrate competence with technology and current practices.
- Live in the Maryborough Community and reach out to benefit our city.
- Appropriate degree or qualification in Biblical studies from an accredited Bible College or University that will satisfy our District theological and pastoral requirements.
- Current driver’s licence.
Covering letter and resume
Please provide a Cover Letter with examples or evidence of how you can meet our need of a Senior Pastor.
Your Resume should include Education, Employment History & Experience, Skills & Abilities, Publications and list any personal academic or learning pursuits. Please comment on hobbies or interests that may be pertinent to the role.
Please send resume and documents to our secretary via the ‘Apply to this Job’ button below.
Thank you for your interest in joining LifeChurch Maryborough as our Senior Pastor. We look forward to welcoming a passionate and devoted leader to our church family.