Would you like to complete your internship or gap year in australia, gaining a valuable intercultural ministry experience and joining us in reaching the people of Australia with the hope of Jesus?
Australian Wesleyan Church Internships are available throughout the year. Placements can be provided in urban and regional settings, in the following areas:
- Community Development / Social Justice
- Children’s Ministry
- Youth Ministry
- Camp Ministry
- Young Adults Ministry
- Worship Ministry
- Technical Ministry
As an intern in an Australian Wesleyan Methodist Church you can expect us to:
- Support your development through practical ministry experience allowing you to achieve goals set by your university and your own personal development goals
- Work with you to find the right placement to meet your needs
- Provide a variety of ministry experiences and tasks for you
- Provide a supervisor who will give you regular feedback
- Provide accommodation, local transport and meals during your stay
- Provide opportunities to experience Australia and its culture
- Provide a small stipend to cover your out-of-pocket expenses
We will expect you to:
- Arrange your own travel to and from Australia and insurance for your stay.
- Commit yourself fully to the internship placement.
- Commit your time here to the Lord in prayer, maintaining a healthy spiritual life throughout.
- Communicate both positive and negative experiences, providing feedback on how we can make your placement better throughout the experience.
- Agree with, and support the Wesleyan Methodist Church of Australia and its beliefs.
HOST AN INTERN
Is your church interested in hosting an Intern?
Many students desire valuable intercultural ministry experiences in a team setting. Students come from a variety of programmes and are looking for placements in established churches that will help them apply and challenge their academic learning through:
● Pastoral Care Ministry
● Children’s / Youth / Young Adults Ministries
● Worship / Media Ministries
● Community Development Ministries
Host churches must be able to provide:
● A full-time Pastor to supervise the intern.
● Weekly review meetings with the Pastoral supervisor.
● Board and lodgings for the duration of the internship.
● A small stipend to cover necessary living expenses.
● Local travel assistance (e.g. lifts, a pushbike, or a car) once the intern arrives Australia.
● A suitable desk, office space and Internet access.
● Time and assistance to help the intern complete academic studies
● Opportunities for the intern to develop their existing knowledge, skills and abilities.
● A variety of relevant, meaningful and practical ministry experiences and tasks.
● Opportunities to experience Australia and its culture.
Interns will be expected to:
● Arrange their travel, visas and insurance.
● Commit fully to the internship placement.
● Commit their internship to the Lord in prayer, maintaining a healthy spiritual life throughout.
● Provide feedback on how their placement can be improved throughout the experience.
● Agree with, and support the Wesleyan Methodist Church of Australia and its beliefs.
● Be aware of, and be sensitive to, cultural differences