English Teacher Volunteer in Noro
Australian Volunteers International (AVI) is a Department of Foreign Affairs and Trading (DFAT) funded program that has supported volunteers to the Solomons since the 1960’s!
We are excited to announce that we have approval for an English Language Teacher to assist at the Noro Training Centre and are currently applying for a further position for a Community Business Development officer.
The teacher position is available now. The basic criteria are
- 6-24 months (dependent on the candidates availability)
- Financial support covers basic living costs, travel and COVID Quarantine costs in both Solomons and return to Australia
- Position is for a single applicant with no dependents, due to costs associated with COVID quarantine and visa applications
To establish an English Learning Service for adults and youth through Noro Training Centre at Noro. This will empower them to be better employed in a region experiencing rapid population growth, due to the development and expansion of the fishing and tourist industries
- Proficiency in the English Language is a must, along with teaching training and experience
- Preferably one has particular professional qualifications in linguistics and education, especially in teaching English as a second language
- Previously employed as an English Teacher, teaching children and/or adults
The English Teacher would live fulltime on site at the Noro Training Centre and become part of the local community. Due to the current COVID situation the successful candidate would be required to remain within the Solomon Islands for the entire term of their appointed time.
Request an application form and full details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org