English Teacher Volunteer in Noro
Australian Volunteers International (AVI) is a Department of Foreign Affairs and Trading (DFAT) funded program that has supported volunteers to the Solomons since the 1960’s!
Just Prior to Covid-19 we had approval for an English Language Teacher to assist at the Noro Training Centre.
The teacher position is still available. The basic criteria are
- 6-24 months (dependent on the candidates availability)
- Financial support is provided by AVI and covers basic living costs and travel
- Position is ideally suits a single applicant with no dependents, due to visa application process.
To establish an English Learning Service for adults and youth through the Noro Training Centre at Noro Solomon Islands. This will empower them to be better employed in a region experiencing rapid population growth, due to the development and expansion of the fishing and tourist industries.
- Proficiency in the English Language is a must, along with teaching, training and experience
- Preferably one has particular professional qualifications in linguistics and education, especially in teaching English as a second language
- Previously employed as an English Teacher, teaching children and/or adults
The English Teacher would live fulltime on site at the Noro Training Centre and become part of the local community for the time of their appointment, with opportunities to engage in the wider community and experience fully the local culture.
Request an application form and full details by emailing email@example.com